G-WAC CALL FOR PhD APPLICATIONS
Fri 26 Aug 2022
The German-West African Centre for Global Health and Pandemic Prevention (G-WAC) is hosted by the College of Health Sciences, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi, Ghana. The Centre collaborates with the Technical University Berlin, Charité-University of Medicine Berlin and University of Bonn, Germany.
The Centre aims to address the existential threat of pandemics to the health and welfare of people through trans- and inter-disciplinary research projects targeting both the main drivers of pandemics (e.g. health impact of wild habitat encroachment, extensive agriculture and climate change, transfer of pathogens from wild animals to humans) and the key pillars of resilient health systems in the WHO framework (e.g. effective governance, sustainable financing mechanisms, appropriate human resource capacity, availability of essential medicines and technology, reliable health information, and responsive health service delivery) using One Health approaches.
G-WAC is admitting it’s second cohort of PhD students to conduct research under the following thematic areas;
- Health Systems & Health Economics
- Digital Health
- Community Engagement & Social Sciences
- Epidemiology & Surveillance
- Virology & Diagnostics
- Bacteriology & Parasitology
Who can apply:
- Applicants from the West African sub-Region
- Applicants with a Master’s degree (M.Sc, MPhil and MPH) or equivalent in Public health, Veterinary, Medical, Natural, and Social sciences
- Applicants with proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged
- Only participants who meet the above requirements will be shortlisted and interviewed
- Interviews shall be conducted after the submission deadline
- Successful applicants shall be notified two weeks following the interview
- Applicants who do not submit applications to The Graduate School, KNUST will NOT be shortlisted
From the German Federal Foreign Office (AA) through the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Global Centres and covers tuition, travel, accommodation and some research-related costs for a period of three (3) years.
How to apply: Two applications are required
- G-WAC scholarship form (https://bit.ly/applyGwac22)
- School of Graduate Studies, KNUST (https://bit.ly/Post_grad_)
email@example.com or 032 219 217 (8am – 5pm, Mon – Fri)
Deadline: 30th September, 2022
Disclaimer: The information on the types of funding offered by G-WAC has been compiled with the greatest possible care. Nevertheless, G-WAC cannot guarantee that the information is correct or complete. This is why you should contact the email and/or phone number provided in the programme description to inquire about the current terms and conditions and about what the programme offers before you submit your application.