G-WAC CALL FOR PhD APPLICATIONS
Thu 16 Sep 2021
The German-West African Centre for Global Health and Pandemic Prevention (G-WAC), is situated in the College of Health Sciences, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi, Ghana. The Centre collaborates with Technical University Berlin, Charité-University of Medicine Berlin and the University of Bonn, Germany.
The aim of the Centre is to address the existential threat of pandemics to the health and welfare of people through trans- and inter-disciplinary research projects targeting both the main drivers of pandemics (e.g. health impact of wild habitat encroachment, extensive agriculture and climate change, transfer of pathogens from wild animals to humans) and the key pillars of resilient health systems in the WHO framework (e.g. effective governance, sustainable financing mechanisms, appropriate human resource capacity, availability of essential medicines and technology, reliable health information, and responsive health service delivery) using One Health approaches.
The Centre is looking for SEVEN (7) motivated PhD candidates from the West African sub-Region who will be enrolled at KNUST, to conduct research under the following disciplines;
- Health Systems & Health Economics
- Digital Health
- Community Engagement & Social Sciences
- Epidemiology & Surveillance
- Virology & Diagnostics
- Bacteriology & Parasitology
Who can apply:
- Applicants from the West African sub-Region
- Applicants with Master’s degree (M.Sc, MPhil) or equivalent in Public health, Veterinary, Medical, Natural and Social sciences.
- Applicants with Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Only participants who meet the above requirements will be shortlisted and be invited for interview.
- Interviews would be conducted within four weeks after submission deadline.
- Successful and unsuccessful applicants would be notified within two weeks after the interview.
- Applicants who do not submit applications to Graduate School, KNUST will NOT be shortlisted.
Duration of the funding:
The project is supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) with funding from the budget of the Federal Foreign Office, Project ID: 57592595. Duration of funding is 4years The host institution is KNUST and there is an opportunity of up to 12 months exchange with collaborating institutions in Germany.
How to apply:
Two applications are required
- G-WAC Application for Scholarship https://bit.ly/GWAC_call
- School of Graduate Studies, KNUST https://bit.ly/Post_grad_
- Evidence of submission of application to graduate school should be sent with G-WAC scholarship application
If you have any questions regarding the application process or selection process, please contact email@example.com or call +233208174244, +233206300405
Disclaimer: The information on types of funding offered by other organisations has been compiled by GWAC with the greatest possible care. Nevertheless, GWAC cannot guarantee that the information is correct or complete. This is why you should contact the email and/or the phone number in the programme description to inquire about the current terms and conditions and about what the programme offers before you submit your application.
DEADLINE: 25th October 2021